After my Wales trip i have finally got round to sorting my gear out. I put the Tarptent Moment up in the garden to make sure all was well ready for the next trip.
I put a couple of extra guy lines on. Well there’s no point in carrying spare guy lines in the rucksack, just in case. I might as well just fit them in the first place and then i can’t loose them. Well that’s the theory anyway.
Then i noticed a problem. At one end where the guy line is secured to the apex pole the ribbon that should be stitched to the pole sleeve had come away. Not only had it come away but it had been forced upwards which then, had inadvertently cut into the stitching that holds the end of the tent to the pole sleeve.
And, as it would happen, only this week, i have been praising the virtues of HS Tarptents, telling others that apart from one minor problem with a bungy cord becoming detached i hadn’t had any quality problems with my Moment. Isn’t it ironic.
So, i have a repair job to do before i use it next and i am going to re-guy the ends. Even if it means more than 1 peg is necessary.
Also, i have been using these Hold-On clips from UK Tarps to tension the sides when on uneven ground. I have now come to the conclusion that they are too heavy duty for such lightweight material as the Moment and all other Tarptents for that matter.
They will eventually tear through the material. A far better idea is to get a patch sewn in with a ribbon attached for pegging out. Another job for Oookworks.