The Vault Regulars

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Down Hood - for the ultralighters.

Some backpackers like to really push the limits when it comes to warmth and weight. Some prefer to carry very light sleeping bags or quilts and then wear lightweight down gear to increase the warmth when needed as the temperature drops.
As we all know, good lightweight gear is expensive so when i came across this good quality Mountain Equipment Lightline down hood at a give away price of £2, yes £2 with free postage and packing i thought i would pass on the info. It will certainly keep your head warm in those light sleeping bags and also if your jacket is hoodless then it may be just what you have been looking for.

Anyway here it is if your interested.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is cheap! Will have a look at that Alan. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would say "it's a freeby" Dawn. You don't see bargains like this everyday.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good on you. It's from Joe's too so you know it's a genuine article.

      Delete
  3. I have bought a number of items recently from Mountain Equipmen (they have an outlet in Kendal) at unbelievably reasonable prices PLUS a further discount for being a member of the Caravan Club.. Their stuff is good quality without all the hype attached by other familiar brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Conrad. I didn't know Kendal had an ME outlet shop. I knew Pete Bland and Nevissport sold ME. Where abouts is the shop?

      Delete
    2. Can you buy online Conrad? I can only find a Mountain Warehouse outlet when I search Google.

      Delete
    3. I am respectfully wondering if Conrad means Mountain Warehouse too.

      Delete
  4. Incredible value Alan. ME has always been my first choice in gear. Wish I'd stuck with it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Recieved the 2 I ordered and they are great. I agree with your thoughts on ME. They make 1st class gear. I just wish that they would make jackets with a hood that is not helmet compatible. They can be massive.

      Delete

Find it Here

About Me

My other blog. beneathwhosefeet.wordpress.com