The Vault Regulars

Monday, March 26, 2012

Adidas Lightweight cap.

 Wearing a peaked cap or baseball cap is something i only do when i go walking. I find they do a good job when a more warmer item is not necessary. They are light, easy to pack and dry pretty quick. I find a cap great to wear under the hood of my waterproof.
 So last week while Sheila was trying on her new walking shoes in Sweatshop i noticed this cap.

  Incredibly light at an amazing 9 grams and with a wide sweat band on the underside of the Adidas panel. It's a one size fits all. £15
The trouble was the colour. Awful. No way i could wear that. In the flesh the colour is a lot more garish than this photo looks.

  So when i got home, and being very impressed with what i had seen, i checked the internet and i was very pleased to find that it was made in Green and Black too.
After a bit of a search i found a green one for £8 and that included postage and packing. So i couldn't resist ordering it.
Straight away i received conformation of the order which is not unusual but what was unusual is that 5 minutes later i had  another email to say that the order had been processed and 15mins later another saying it had been posted. Now how good is that for service.
 The cap arrived next day.
I ordered it from Bourne Sports.

Because it is so light the brim is a little too floppy for my liking and so i strengthened the underside with a thin piece of plastic in the central area and glued it with Shoe Goo. It only added a gram  but i am now happy with the brim.  How runners cope with the brim as designed i don't know.
The material is polyester dobby and has ClimaCool ventilation on both sides. Basically that means holes cut into the material in a nice pattern. It is designed as a running cap so the fit is good without being too tight.
If lightweight headgear is for you then this cap, at this price, is a good option.

8 comments:

  1. I wish they would do the TGO hat again.
    They were good.
    And they were in a nicer colour too.

    Heavier mind, but not much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green and black are ok. But the orangey red is awful.
    You need to have words with the committee about the TGO cap being reinstated. Get a petition up. Carry a 6ft diameter cap up Ben Macdui and don’t CAPitulate until they lay out some CAPital until the office is brimming over.
    OK thats enough, i know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be worth suggesting it to Mr Manning though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have done with one of these this week Alan. Hope you're recovering from your op btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gibson, STill sore.
    Not had much chance to wear the cap yet.
    Looking like another week or so before i get out. Sooooo frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just need to find colours that don't make me wretch - you know what I'm like, Alan - I need black, brown, grey. And I'm only 36...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maz, They do black but now that i have had it on whilst on a few short walks i don't like it. The brim is too floppy and useless under a waterproof hood. I doubt runners wear this to be honest.
    At £8 i took a cheap risk It didn't pay off and i cannot recommend it other than for walks on a hot day. Oh well nothing ventured and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back
    to your

    webpage? My blog is in the very same area of interest

    as yours and my users would really benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks a lot!
    Review my page :: freesexlinkexchange.com

    ReplyDelete

Find it Here

About Me

My other blog. beneathwhosefeet.wordpress.com